Sunday, July 30, 2006
1. Before I go anywhere, I always check first with my parents or the person in charge. I tell them
where I am going,
how I will get there,
who will be going with me, and
when I'll be back.
2. I check first for permission from my parents before getting into a car or leaving with anyone - even someone I know. I check first before changing plans or accepting money or gifts without my parents' knowledge.
3. It is safer for me to be with other people when going places or playing outside.
I always use the "buddy system."
4. I say NO if someone tries to touch me in ways that make me feel frightened, uncomfortable, or confused. Then I go and tell a grown-up I trust, what happened.
5. I know it is not my fault if someone touches me in a way that is not O.K. I don't have to keep secrets about those touches.
6. I trust my feelings and talk to grown-ups about problems that are too big for me to handle on my own.
A lot of people care about me and will listen and believe me. I am not alone.
7. It is never too late to ask for help. I can keep asking until I get the help I need.
8. I am a special person, and I deserve to feel safe.
My rules are:
• CHECK FIRST
• USE THE "BUDDY SYSTEM"
• SAY NO, THEN GO AND TELL
• LISTEN TO MY FEELINGS, AND
TALK WITH GROWN-UPS I TRUST, ABOUT MY PROBLEMS AND CONCERNS.
Friday, July 21, 2006
Today I learned
Jesus is the Vine
With Him I grow
fruit very fine
Love and Joy and Peace
of the fruits
Jesus wants from me
These are the things
Jesus wants me to do
These are the fruits
Jesus wants me to grow
Saturday, July 15, 2006
How Can God Be Three Persons And One Person At The Same Time?
We don't know how God can be three persons at the same time, but we know He is because the Bible tells us so. The idea of three in one (the Trinity) is very hard to understand. Let’s think about water. Water can be a liquid, a gas, or a solid. We usually see water in liquid form, as when we use it for drinking or for taking a bath. But water can also be a gas, as when it turns to steam. And it can be a solid, in the form of ice. But whether liquid, gas, or solid, it's still water. In some ways God is like a family with father, mother, and child - three persons and one family. Just remember that the Trinity does not mean that we have three gods. There is one God with three persons. The Trinity also does not mean that God wears three hats, or takes on three roles, at different times. All three persons - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - have always existed.