Sunday, July 30, 2006
My Eight Rules
1. Before I go anywhere, I always check first with my parents or the person in charge. I tell them
where I am going,
how I will get there,
who will be going with me, and
when I'll be back.
2. I check first for permission from my parents before getting into a car or leaving with anyone - even someone I know. I check first before changing plans or accepting money or gifts without my parents' knowledge.
3. It is safer for me to be with other people when going places or playing outside.
I always use the "buddy system."
4. I say NO if someone tries to touch me in ways that make me feel frightened, uncomfortable, or confused. Then I go and tell a grown-up I trust, what happened.
5. I know it is not my fault if someone touches me in a way that is not O.K. I don't have to keep secrets about those touches.
6. I trust my feelings and talk to grown-ups about problems that are too big for me to handle on my own.
A lot of people care about me and will listen and believe me. I am not alone.
7. It is never too late to ask for help. I can keep asking until I get the help I need.
8. I am a special person, and I deserve to feel safe.
My rules are:
• CHECK FIRST
• USE THE "BUDDY SYSTEM"
• SAY NO, THEN GO AND TELL
• LISTEN TO MY FEELINGS, AND
TALK WITH GROWN-UPS I TRUST, ABOUT MY PROBLEMS AND CONCERNS.