Saturday, March 25, 2006

God's Gift of Love for Your Mother and Father


Nicky and Jessica love parties! The food, the laughter, the games, always so much fun!

One day Jessica and Nicky were at one of these special family parties when Jessica went into the kitchen and gave a big hug to Aunt Helen. "Aunt Helen, I really love you and I think you are really cool. Do you want to know what I really like to do?"


"No, tell me" said Aunt Helen while giving Jessica a huge hug.

"I would like to spend time alone with you-just two girls" Jessica said with a big grin.
"That sounds like fun Jessica, let's go for a walk in the woods behind the house?" Aunt Helen said as she started towards the kitchen door. Aunt Helen and Jessica started an their "all girls" walk in the woods. Nicky ran into the basement to watch the baseball game on television.


While they were walking, Jessica said, "I love my whole family with all my heart. Sometimes, I even feel a tingle deep inside but I don't understand why. I even feel this love when they were not with me. Sometimes I just think of them and I feel a special love."

With a tear in her eye, Aunt Helen said, " Jessica that is so special! Why do you think you feel this way?"

Jessica said, "Aunt Helen, I think God puts a warm spot in our hearts for those who are close to us like our family and special friends. So, when we think of them we feel that special tingle. I feel that special tingle in a strong way when I think of my Mom and Dad."

Aunt Helen said. "That also happens to me when I am with my children and your Uncle Henry. That warm feeling is so special, isn't it?

"Oh yes is it a warm feeling. How long will it last?" Jessica wondered.

Aunt Helen explained, "God gives everyone a special amount of His love called 'grace.' Grace helps in times of trouble and also it helps make our love stronger and it lasts forever. God gives us lots of grace for our family. He wants us to honor and love our parents all the days of our lives whether they are with us or are far away.”

"Really?" Jessica asked.

Aunt Helen continued "Whether our parents or family are in the same room, in a far away country or even in heaven, your love will always keep strong. In fact, God thinks it is so important that he made it the Fourth Commandment. God wrote that we should Honor our Mother and our Father all the days of our lives."

Jessica said, "That was really a nice thing God did to give us that grace to love everyone in the same way that I love my parents." She put her arms around Aunt Helen and her face glowed with a huge smile.

They walked back to the party with that warm feeling in their hearts because by sharing God's love, they loved each other in a special way.

The main duties of children are to love God and their parents with all their hearts. When we do good things we not only honor our parents but we honor our family name which goes on forever. This obedience is needed for our everyday lives. When we are in school, we must obey our teachers and those in authority. This will make our lives happier and more pleasing to all, especially God.

No comments:

Post a Comment